• Register Today It's free!

TS & Flasher Work but no Chimes

L_turn9

Reaction score
City, State
Chester
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer 4.0 V6 4WD
Hello - As I said,on my 2006 Explorer XLT 4WD, the Electric gimos work, but the chimes are silent; ie, the T/S works - but there is no clicking, the Hazards work - but no flashing. the Seat Belt Warning in the Display works when a belt is not clicked - but no Warning Chimes - same for other warnings. Could this be the flasher or something else? Not sure what other warnings I could check.
I've never had a problem like this before....
Thanks -

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello - As I said,on my 2006 Explorer XLT 4WD, the Electric gimos work, but the chimes are silent; ie, the T/S works - but there is no clicking, the Hazards work - but no flashing. the Seat Belt Warning in the Display works when a belt is not clicked - but no Warning Chimes - same for other warnings. Could this be the flasher or something else? Not sure what other warnings I could check.
I've never had a problem like this before....
Thanks -
I proofed this 4 times and still posted an error! I wrote: " the Hazards work - but no flashing" when i intended. " the Hazards work - but no Clicking". Sorry

I don't know about the warning chimes but the hazard and turn signals do seem like your flasher relay failed.

I don't know about the warning chimes but the hazard and turn signals do seem like your flasher relay failed.
No flasher relay at gen4.

Chime speaker is a build-in instrument cluster feature.take the IC apart and you will see his printed motherboard with the speaker soldered inside for inspection.

Thanks for the suggestion! That's what I thought too, but having all the sounds go bad at one time seems odd, of course odd things happen! ;-)

If there's no mechanical relay (probably transistorized now?) maybe check the owner's manual to see if there is a way those are disabled, maybe somehow that happened?

Seems easier than tearing the instrument cluster out, and measuring for a low AC voltage to the speaker (probably a piezo driver?) when it should be making sound. Those don't usually blow out unless something upstream of it is faulty too, or maybe a bad solder joint, don't know.

Back