• Register Today It's free!

TT and Shackles...

beenwrong2002

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas,TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
96' Ford Explorer XLT 4x4
i already got the 3 inch body lift and 33 " tires on my 96 X 4x4. But i think this weekend im gonna go ahead and do the TT and shackles. Is there any possible problems i might run into? Besides not tighting my torsion bar to much...Doing the TT and shackles isnt gonna stretch any wires or anything like that is it? When i put my body lift on it messed up my transmission wiring so bad and it cost me mucho $ to get the wiring fixed. So im worried I might mess something up and not have the money to fix it ! Any info/warnings will help! Also after i get the TT and shackles done, is there anything else i need to do to it? alinement etc?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You should have an alignment done after the torsion twist because lifting the front via the torsion bars can change your front end alignment angles.

Sorry to hear about your issues after your BL. TT and shackles should be a breeze ( no wiring issues at all). plenty of info here on both tt and shackles using the search feature.
Good luck
JIGA
Oh... an alignment will need to be done after the TT

Just curious
Are you looking to do the tt and shackles purely for a little more height or are you having rubbing issues?
Regardless...
Good luck
JIGA

nope no rubbing issues at all, i fit the 33" BFG A/T with just the body lift alone...just lookn for some more height :D

Back