• Register Today It's free!

Turbo sound question

putz173

Reaction score
City, State
Stratford, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 ST
I have had a couple turbo cars in recent years and both had a removeable internal baffle in the airbox to open up air flow a bit and let you hear the turbo under acceleration. does these 3.0 ecobost have any mods other than an intake kit for that? just looking at a K&N drop in and borla exhaust right now then probably a moderate 89 street tune, dont need anything crazy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Our first member from Stratford, Ontario, I believe.

Peter

I have had a couple turbo cars in recent years and both had a removeable internal baffle in the airbox to open up air flow a bit and let you hear the turbo under acceleration. does these 3.0 ecobost have any mods other than an intake kit for that? just looking at a K&N drop in and borla exhaust right now then probably a moderate 89 street tune, dont need anything crazy
Not really. FoMoCo’s decision on “engine noise” was to pump in sporty engine sounds in Sport mode instead of actually generating sounds.

There are definitely ways to get that sound, but they all involve hardware swaps of the airbox, exhaust, and/or blow off valve/VTA spacer.

My MO is Q-ship, so my mods are all about making power without adding sound. My grandpa always said “Go as fast as is safe, but never be the rabbit.” 😉

If you replace the BPV with a Forge or other brand BPV you should get some turbo spool noise.

Back