Turbo sound-normal? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Turbo sound-normal?

dimatrixxx

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer Sport 2017
Hey all,

I'm from Russia, but I hope you will help me guys! By the way sorry for my english ;)
There is some sound that is appeared. It sounds like a turbo whining. It can be heared also from inside the car when light acceleration at first to third gears up to 2000 rpm. I'm not sure but I think I've never heard of him before. In Russia there are not a lot of Explorer's in SPORT version, so I need your help. Just take a look on two youtube videos.
this is from outside, you can hear sound what I'm talking about while rpm drop down:

this is from inside, same here, you can hear sound what I'm talking about while rpm drop down (good to hear on 13 sec):

What do you think? Is that normal, does your cars have the same?

P.S. Borla Cat-Back System is installed.

Thanks for your help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I'm afraid I do not hear anything except the exhaust noise. Perhaps someone else with a more finely tuned ear will hear it.

Peter

The sound I'm talking about is good to hear while engine rpm drop off. It's sound to me like whistling. I wish I had your ears;) because it is annoying...

Turbos have a blow off valve to release the excess pressure when you decelerate. I wonder if that is what you are hearing.

It sound not like blow off. I've made one more video, this time I hope you can hear what I'm talking about. The sound I speaking about is louder. The car starts to smooth accelerate from 3rd gear, then this sound like drill appears...

Hey all,

I'm from Russia, but I hope you will help me guys! By the way sorry for my english ;)
There is some sound that is appeared. It sounds like a turbo whining. It can be heared also from inside the car when light acceleration at first to third gears up to 2000 rpm. I'm not sure but I think I've never heard of him before. In Russia there are not a lot of Explorer's in SPORT version, so I need your help. Just take a look on two youtube videos.
this is from outside, you can hear sound what I'm talking about while rpm drop down:

this is from inside, same here, you can hear sound what I'm talking about while rpm drop down (good to hear on 13 sec):

What do you think? Is that normal, does your cars have the same?

P.S. Borla Cat-Back System is installed.

Thanks for your help!

Did you ever find out what was causing the noise.

Did you ever find out what was causing the noise.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
FYI, the member you quoted was last seen here on March 2, 2021 so may no longer be following the thread.

Peter

Back