• Register Today It's free!

UHaul would not rent me a trailer

RustyMacintosh

Reaction score
City, State
Monterey
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 4x4 Exploder
I have a 99 XLT, with a Uhaul installed Class 5 hitch. Went to rent a small motorcycle trailer to move a piano from one location to another. (3 miles). They would not rent to me. Nor any Ford Explorer older than 09..so the flunky at the counter (manager) said.

Borrowed a 99 Ranger, rented the same trailer down the street (Another Uhaul center)....Should I lawyer UP?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Old news, it’s been their policy for years.

and the difference between a 99 Ranger pickup and a 99 Exploder? Is?

difference is, he could have put it IN the Ranger to move it,, lol,,

Rent the trailer with Mountaineer in the reservation. Pick it up with the app. Problem solved.

The Ranger has different suspension and frame technically. It also wasn’t plagued with the Firestone press.

I can see myself rebadging my 99 XLT

No need to badge it. You don’t even have to see one of their attendants.

No need to badge it. You don’t even have to see one of their attendants.

When I show up....what do I do? Just grab a trailer and hook it up myself? This larger UHAUL joint has way too many employees, maybe just get it with the Suburban, bring it home...swap

You get it and hook it up yourself. When I picked up a truck with it, they were closed, but you can surely do it when they are open. Most of their employees tend to be pretty clueless, I’d bet there’s a fair chance they’d just hook it up anyways.

I know their rules suck, but the employees are definitely clueless about vehicles.

My favorite question is, “can you back up a trailer?” They’re already looking at my license that states it’s a Class A CDL, so yes I’m certainly sure I can back up a trailer.

So since they don’t have a clue about the difference in licensing, they’re damn sure lost on vehicles.

Back