Uncle just bought a Hemi Dodge Ram!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Uncle just bought a Hemi Dodge Ram!!

Mikes95XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Bartlett, IL (currently in Bloomington for school)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
So I'm out to dinner with my parents and my uncle and aunt yesterday (my cousin goes to Milikan, about 30 mins from here) so we're all out to eat together.... I got there about 15 mins early, so I'm just chillin' in the parking lot until everyone else gets there. Here comes this new Dodge Ram pulling in the parking lot. I noticed it's the new Ram with the 5.7 Hemi in it! I was just like "wow." Then who gets out?? My uncle!! I could't believe it..... he bought it last weekend but didnt tell me (he knows I'm into trucks) and wanted to suprise me. THEN he let me drive it!!!!! Let me tell you, starting that puppy up was awesome. When I turned the key, the engine turned on and kinda gave a little rev so much that the truck kinda jumped sideways a little bit..... know what I mean?? It was awesome.... I just had to share that with you fellow truck lovers....:cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not a dodge fan... but that new hemi engine is awesome... it has such amazing potential... 345hp? weak... just wait until some tuners get working on it

my dad is on the mopar site and a few guy have the new hemi dogdes are reporting about 20-21 mpg. if you go over to the site you have to register to view pages, at least when i went there i had to.

Originally posted by liquidx9
not a dodge fan... but that new hemi engine is awesome... it has such amazing potential... 345hp? weak... just wait until some tuners get working on it
That Hemi IS awesome... the sound of the exhaust is kidna good too. :) 345hp is good for Dodge, cause back in the old Rams, the V10 was 310 hp, and now their V8 is 345. So I think they've made a good advancement...

Rick would be proud;) Thanks for sharing that truck experience Mike LOL:D.....

Uh oh guys... I'm hooked now. I got to drive it again just a few hours ago. Took it to the wash, dried it off, and drove around town for a bit. I'm hooked. I love it! :D :D

i read on there that Kenne Bell tested their blower on the hemi and came out with 517 RWHP, yes RWHP, HOLY SH#$, how awesome is that, it will be interesting to see if tehy keep it at the same boost level needed to produce that h.p. They said that they are awaiting C.A.R.B. approoval and the real life durability tests.

Back