Unknown Part | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Unknown Part

D

Deleted member 356002

Anyone know what this is? Looks like an alarm or beeper for when you are in reverse, but I haven't heard a beeping noise when backing. The part number is LB5T-19J215-AC. I tried Google, but was unsuccessful. Its under the spare tire area on my 3.3 HEV.

EDIT: Looks to be part of the pedestrian alert system. Anyone know how this system works?

Attachments

• 20200630_180834.jpg
    20200630_180834.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 223

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Dean. :wave:
You should post that in an Ford F-150 forum as more members may be familiar with it, You posted in the 2020-2021 Police Interceptor Utility forum. Here is what I found; LB5T-19J215-AC in Radio & Speaker Systems | eBay

Peter

Your thread has been moved to a more appropriate forum.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Dean. :wave:
You should post that in an Ford F-150 forum as more members may be familiar with it, You posted in the 2020-2021 Police Interceptor Utility forum. Here is what I found; LB5T-19J215-AC in Radio & Speaker Systems | eBay

Peter

Correct, I posted it in the 2020-2021 PIU form because that part is located on my 2020 PIU. Work car is the PIU personal is the F150. However, Googling the part more I found it is part of a pedestrian alert system on all Ford Hybrid SUVs 2020 and newer. The system works by creating noise when the vehicle is operating at low speeds in "electric only" mode.

Ford Hybrid "O-29" noise

Correct, I posted it in the 2020-2021 PIU form because that part is located on my 2020 PIU. Work car is the PIU personal is the F150. However, Googling the part more I found it is part of a pedestrian alert system on all Ford Hybrid SUVs 2020 and newer. The system works by creating noise when the vehicle is operating at low speeds in "electric only" mode.

Ford Hybrid "O-29" noise
Your profile only shows a 2012 Ford F-150. There is no mention of a 2020 PIU otherwise I would have left it in that forum. I'll move it back but please update your profile. Thanks.

The hybrid needs it for sure. It is so quiet in reverse on the electric motors. When moving the Ft Worth units around the equipment install center, sop is all strobes on and key the yelp before backing up ............. :D

Its apparently a speaker to make engine sounds. I just finished building a hybrid and when its in drive at low speed under 15km. you cant hear the thing what so ever. Not sure at what speed it kicks in at.. but thats what iv been told. Its some electronic engine vroom vroom device

Its apparently a speaker to make engine sounds. I just finished building a hybrid and when its in drive at low speed under 15km. you cant hear the thing what so ever. Not sure at what speed it kicks in at.. but thats what iv been told. Its some electronic engine vroom vroom device

No it isn't. There is no fake engine noise from any speaker on the 5th gen.

The pedestrian alert system has a front and rear sounder to alert pedestrians of the vehicles presence.

From the service manual:

Overview

Due to the quiet nature of vehicles operating in electric mode, pedestrians may not be aware of the presence and operation of the vehicle, creating a risk for injury. The pedestrian alert system provides an audible sound from front and rear mounted speakers to alert of a vehicle approaching in forward or reverse at vehicle speeds between 0-30 km/h (0-8 mph).

Back