Unleashed Explorer Sport Power Package Stage 1 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Unleashed Explorer Sport Power Package Stage 1

LOTS of guys making way more than 40-70HP additional with no trans issues. I think I'm the only one that actually lost a tranny due to TQ and I doubt anyone will be getting near my old Flex HP levels anytime soon with minimal mods.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LOTS of guys making way more than 40-70HP additional with no trans issues. I think I'm the only one that actually lost a tranny due to TQ and I doubt anyone will be getting near my old Flex HP levels anytime soon with minimal mods.

Mike,

How much power do you think the trans will hold and what were yours numbers when your trans went south?

No idea, nobody has really had a trans go.
I was at 604/642 when my trans went south

Final question I think - for me at least :)

How much of a difference does the intake make on performance with the tune? And how easy is it to install/uninstall on a regular basis?

Ultimately, I think I am most interested in the tune only and like I mentioned before, at some time after warranty ends, an exhaust setup. I'd rather not do something that screams "look at me I am modded" under the hood - that an aftermarket intake would.

Intake shows around 10-15HP on the dyno, but shows losses at the track. Lately thanks to guy son my forum Airaid has changed their design based off of testing to get better results with sealing.

ahh screw in, in for the pkg + the 3bar MAP....good thing Oct has 3 pay periods for me ;-)

CalifLove, what are you going to get?

Got order in last night -
I just got the pkg deal - Tuner, 3Bar Map, DRY Air Raid CAI, plugs and TStat.

Looking forward to the increase performance and hopefully no change in MPG..already avg 17 according to the comp...DOH! :-/

All items should have shipped today, the only tracking # I didn't get was for the t-stat from my supplier but I'll get it on Monday.

Which tune is better or faster? LMS or Unleashed? I'm getting 15.1 MPG mixed driving with regular gas. >.<

It's really up to you.... Do a search on LMS and Unleashed/SCT X4.

I will go with Unleashed/SCT tune.

Both offer great power increases and functionality, Unleashed gives you a few more options once tuned and costs about $150+ less.
Livernois claims a bit more power but nobody has done a direct comparison on the same vehicle on the dyno or track to prove it out.

You receive 3 tunes as part of your tuner/tuning package for $415 shipped.
You get unlimited updates with the tune once you pay for it.
You can choose between the octane level performance level and whatever else you can think of.
Example:
87 octane MPG tune - better power than stock but while cruising on 87 MPG goes up (great for tracks)
87 octane towing tune - helps with power while towing but keeps the octane requirements down (I'd personally suggest a 91 or 93 tow tune)
91/93/100 octane performance tune - the best gas you can get in the area and push the power levels. Data logging with the tuning device to review how your car is doing with the increased power/octane in your climate is optional but can net you some additional power.
You can also asked for harder shifts or lighter if you want.
There are other comments in this thread indicating the night and day difference from stock to tuned. :)

0-60 usually drops into the low 6's high 5's depending on octane levels in your area

Ok ill pass this onto my husband and see if he has any more questions. Do these tunes fix that throttle pause/emptiness?

It does...

It looks like Mike has answered your questions. My Sport is not tuned yet, I am waiting for cooler weather so I can get some baseline track numbers then I will get it tuned.

My friend has a 14 Sport with the Unleashed tune and it is NIGHT and DAY different as far as the way it drives and performs.

As many of us know, launching the Xsport in sand mode provides better acceleration off the line. I've been driving it around just for giggles and have noticed that when in sand mode the throttle response is INSANELY touchy, the engine feels much stronger at lower rpms, and it holds the gears longer before upshifting.

Having said all this, I'm wondering if an aftermarket tune simply (or not so simply) takes advantage of the pre-programmed tuning already present in the various 4x4 modes and makes the Xsport mimic sand mode, or put more simply makes the vehicle always default to a sand mode per-se. Also wondering if the gains are across-the-board so if you've got the tune and put it in sand mode is it even MORE responsive.

Anyone with personal experience with this?

Tony

Nope. No CELs here. Maybe it's the turbo spooling I notice? Sometimes they're slow sometimes fast. Maybe it's the way I step on the gas. Do I have to slowly press it down and then quickly?

This SCT tune is tempting me. The other day when I had no issues with the car, I destroyed a brand new infiniti G37x (or s) coupe and a 2014 5 series twin turbo. No I don't condone racing..But you know those hogs who never let you pass......well I had to pass them somehow :D

The thought of a tune is giving me butterflies.....but not so much when worrying about engine/warranty issues...

edit: I was talking about resetting the ECU or recalibrating the system.

I was hesitant as well, but don't be, I'm so pleased with the improved drivability that comes along with the tunes it is definitely worthwhile.

You can always extract the tune before going to the dealer for warranty work.

The tuner is the first step, try it see what you think, you can add on more mods later if you feel the need.

Both SCT X4 and LMS are great tunes, I chose SCT X4 simply so I could reuse it if and when I buy my 2016 Sport.

Back