Up and running and a chance to look at other things | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Up and running and a chance to look at other things

kernowman

Reaction score
City, State
Penzance Cornwall
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 UK SPEC SOHC - LPG
Now i am back on the road, thanks being due to other forum members, I now am looking at a couple of other issues with the MOT looming.
I have airbag code 12 up, which I believe is low battery voltage etc. Now have fitted a much needed new battery and wonder about clearing the code. Have searched the forum and seems airbag codes can be cleared by putting a jumper lead across the two-pin diagnostic connector on the airbag computer module. Anybody know if we have this diagnostic connector on our UK ones, and if so, where it might be?
Hoping somebody can help.
Richard

Have u tried the old trick of disconnecting the battery? or if u have an OBD code reader trying to clear it using that?

Thanks.
Disconecting the battery does not seem to clear the code - have to do this periodically to clear the management light as this occasionally comes on when I am running on lpg, which is a known problem. Got an OBD code reader, but cannot read airbag codes with it, so unfortunately cannot clear them.

Back