• Register Today It's free!

Up-date on lift and modifications

chuckalusky

Reaction score
City, State
Ft. Lauderdale Fl.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 explorer sport 4x4
Thanks for the input. Well I bought the torsion lift and helper springs in the rear. Did'nt install yet so I don't know how far I"ll crank it. (thinking 2") I'm not worried about the C.V. geometry as much as the sterring and suspension. Bought Moog steering kit (inner ,outer tie rod ends ,lower ball joints ) and Moog upper control arms. Went with the R.K. but I guess than ran out cause they gave me 1 RK and 1CK. ( As long as they had greese fittings ) Thought I tilt the rear end a little so went with 4 degree shims.Smoothing it out with Rancho 5000 shocks for 2" lift. Total $550. after rebate still on the cheap. Pulled a 600 watt amp,pioneer head unit, and sub out of my Mustang.(Momma blew the head gasket) So $ 48.00 for wire & adapter. cheap. Cosmetics so far is a Bullbar, Bugdeflector II, and 2 -100 watt blazer lights.Waiting on replacement fog lights. Total $250.00 So to date parts $1350.00 and $1500.00 for the truck. Would post pics but the $20.00 isn.t in the buget.Thanks guys and I'll might squeeze out that Elite membership soon.

Back