Upper Control Arms | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Upper Control Arms

Reaction score
City, State
KCMO but now in Curacao, NA.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLS
So I'm in the process of doing my 100K service on the Explorer and took it to get an alignment, balance and rotation. The shop called me back and told me they couldn't do the alignment because the upper control arm bushings and the upper and lower ball joints were gone. I don't have an Auto Zone or any thing around here to rent tools from so I was wondering if any one had just gotten replacement control arms as they come with ball joints and bushings in them already. If so what brand did you go with? Im seeing two types also wondering which Is better?

This
getimage.php

or this
getimage.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the lower one is the one that goes in a 2002 it comes with bushings and ball joints it not too hard to do

So the 1st pic is a different year? I found it in a parts web site did a search for 2002 and they both came up. I thought it was maybe a different/improved design.

1st pic is for 95-01

So the 1st pic is a different year? I found it in a parts web site did a search for 2002 and they both came up. I thought it was maybe a different/improved design.

Could be for the Sport or the Sport Trac

Cool thanks Guys I will just get the whole control arm then.

Back