• Register Today It's free!

Upper intake manifold gasket

Vinniety

Reaction score
City, State
Westchester county, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Like he mentioned in the thread, O'Reilly Autoparts, also Autozone or any of the other autoparts stores. Fel-Pro is reasonably good.

Post your engine particulars and your symptoms and you make pick up some other pointers.

Good Luck!

Ok, from your other post

I have the OHV motor not the sohc and from what i have read the error code points to different things for each motor. O well still trying to resolve it. The truck runs great i just dont want to have that Check engine light on. its blinding me, hahah

The thread you identified in your first post is for a Ranger with a plastic intake. I don't know about the 2000 but I believe the 91 to 99's have a metal upper intake manifold setting on a cardboard gasket, sitting on the fuel rail sitting on another cardboard gasket sitting on the lower manifold.

Doesn't mean it's not leaking, just don't be disappointed if there aren't any plastic o'rings.

Good Luck!

Ok, from your other post

The thread you identified in your first post is for a Ranger with a plastic intake. I don't know about the 2000 but I believe the 91 to 99's have a metal upper intake manifold setting on a cardboard gasket, sitting on the fuel rail sitting on another cardboard gasket sitting on the lower manifold.

Doesn't mean it's not leaking, just don't be disappointed if there aren't any plastic o'rings.

Good Luck!

shamaal - i have a 2000 X Sport with OHV motor. I had a 99 ranger about 2 years ago that had the same motor and i had the same issues. studder under load and the same codes. I sold it to a friend who knew the issues and he didnt care. Still driving like that and still having the same issue but he doesnt care. Anyway i need to get this issue resolved becasue i don like seeing the CEL on anymore. Anyway still looking to see what i can do to get this issue resolved.

thanks

Back