Useful Wiring Diagrams for 96 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Useful Wiring Diagrams for 96 Explorer

Clutch1819

Reaction score
City, State
Tuskegee,Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 EB
I have found some useful wiring diagrams. Hope this helps some people out. You have to download the file. You got to have Adobe Reader to view it. This wiring diagram manual applies for 1996 Ford Explorer series. This 67 page pdf. file type manual depicting the detail 96 Ford Explorer electrical schematic diagram of its parts which are include Air Conditioning Circuit, Anti-Lock Brake Circuit, Anti-Theft Brake Circuit, Body Computer Circuit, Computer Data Lines Diagram, Cruise Control Diagram, Defogger Diagram, Electronics Suspension Circuit, Engine Performance Diagram, Exterior Lamp Diagram, Lamp Outage Module Circuit, Trailer/Camper Adapter Circuit, etc.

:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The link to the wiring diagram is broken. Anybody know where it went?

Try this instead - great site; I use it all the time.
Auto - Online Repair Info
(removed dead link)
Select: Auto Repair Reference Center
Fill in: Find Your Vehicle
Follow prompts down to Wiring Diagrams.

I was searching for a wiring diagram for my 97 when I came across this thread.
Thank you indeed!
Russ

Thanks!!!

This is awesome!

Awesome reference, thanks a bunch for the link

No actually THIS is, wrong button....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks bobflood. Maybe now I can turn off that ringer when I have the doors open listening to the radio.

I just stumbled across this thread and tried both of the links in it and they are both no longer working at the time of me writing this post. (July 14, 2020) So i was wondering if anyone had any current and working links to any wiring diagrams because both Chilton and Haynes manuals do not have the wiring diagrams that I need Thank you very much in advance.

EBSCOhost Login

ID: rrcc

PW: rebsco

Hi Doug, welcome to the forum! It could be helpful in the future to list in your sig or your left pane info, which engine and drivetrain (4WD vs AWD vs 2WD) your Explorer has.

Yeah, the link in my sig goes to (most of) them in high quality, and then there's the DVD linked in the topic below with additional wiring diagrams but since it's a full program from back when computers were low resolution, it is a pain to use it unless you have a largish low resolution screen to do so on, and the DVD diagrams are still the crude, small ones of that era.

Note that there is more than one link in that topic, the newer links tending to be more likely still working and there's info in the topic on something that needs done to get it to work right, editing a file IIRC.

I'm also slowly adding to the collection linked in my sig so if you need something specific that's not in that set, I "might" have it (or might not).

can someone repost the links?
all of the links in this thread bring up Kohls ads

can someone repost the links?
all of the links in this thread bring up Kohls ads
Did you see the post I made right above yours? That's what is available now. The original source for those has changed or shut down, it's not just that the link is broken.
|
|
|
V

Did you see the post I made right above yours? That's what is available now. The original source for those has changed or shut down, it's not just that the link is broken.
|
|
|
V
i cant download torrents onto my computer, i used to do it along time ago, but i got a warning from my ISP so never again

i cant download torrents onto my computer, i used to do it along time ago, but i got a warning from my ISP so never again
See again what I posted and the linked topic...

The diagrams are a direct download from Mega, not a torrent or P2P of any kind. There is also a direct download for the DVD ISO linked in that topic on the following post, the link that reads "MEGA",

No torrent use required, though if you just need the wiring diagrams then those in my sig are much higher quality than the ones in the DVD ISO, but there may be a few random ones missing, including for the 5.0 engine or some high end optional equipment.

However, many of the more common faults you might encounter, have already been covered over so many years, so often enough searching of forum topics will find where I or someone else already posted a wiring diagram. If you need something specific you can PM me, though "most" of what I have are either in the link on my sig below or would be in the DVD ISO but I am still slowly gaining a few new ones as I find them.

Back