V8 engine/trans wiring harness now discontinued. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

V8 engine/trans wiring harness now discontinued.

zerodevil

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Anchorage, AK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 White Limited V8
Just wanted to give a heads up to you guys that the main engine/trans wiring harness for the 4th gen v8 explorers was recently listed as discontinued and will very quickly become hard to find. A lot of these trucks suffer from electrical gremlins (often presenting in throttle issues) due to the factory harness breaking down over the years. If you plan on keeping your truck for awhile might be a good idea to pick one up soon. I just got mine (as i needed it) from Lasco for a halfway decent price.

Just wanted to give a heads up to you guys that the main engine/trans wiring harness for the 4th gen v8 explorers was recently listed as discontinued and will very quickly become hard to find. A lot of these trucks suffer from electrical gremlins (often presenting in throttle issues) due to the factory harness breaking down over the years. If you plan on keeping your truck for awhile might be a good idea to pick one up soon. I just got mine (as i needed it) from Lasco for a halfway decent price.
Not a bad idea for 2006-2008 V8 Explorer owners. Looks like the price is around $200 which isn't bad to solve a potential major headache down the road.

can you post the link or part #
thanks

can you post the link or part #
thanks
I would recommend you call a Ford dealer and give them your VIN to insure you get the right number. They should be able to tell you the part number even if they don't have them in stock. Then use that number to do an internet search.

Back