Va mudders out there?? up for a fall run? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Va mudders out there?? up for a fall run?

fishfood

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ranger
I am just throwing this out there cause it doesnt look like i see much going on in the area. It is a great time of the year to be up in the GWNF. I was thinking something up in the dry run area or shoe creek area, but i am game to join anyone for some trail riding just about anywhere.

Weekend of November 3,4 i will be playing around at my place in Nelson so we can do something in the charlottesville area and i can have a small group at my place. Trails are nothing to get excited about, just freshly bulldozed trails around the camp that are steep (70%-80% grade) but without rain they are not very challenging in low gear.

Remember its not too soon to be thinking about the extra time off around thanksgiving as well.

Anyway, its time for us Virginia mudders to throw out some dates and ideas and lets make something happen

Attachments

• 100_1850.jpg
    100_1850.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 174

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Spikes got the itch! We need some rain to make us some mud. I may be free on the 3 and 4.

I got the dozer again this weekend, so i will be making some new trails, rutting up some of the existing trails and creating puddles and breaks at some of the hill climbs.

i dont know if stony run will still be open then or not, my buddy with the land on the james will also be up that weekend but from what i hear most of his trails are still only big enough for ATVs.

You may get the rain your asking for the end of the week.
Sounds like fun, a little too far for me though

Ok muncle eat....

did some more bulldozer work last weekend ..... doubled the amount of trails and convinced my buddy to leave poor drainage in the roads. i know it was too sissy for you last time so i made one hill climb just for you. its probably 100% or steeper (did not have clinometer with me at the time) with a 90 degree turn at bottom into a small whoops section in the ditch line. The whoops will turn to crap in the first rain.

i also was able to create another whoops section with 30'-40' circular mud sling pit. i would have made it bigger but ran out of time.

i would love to see it this weekend after all the rain, but i am heading up to rausch creek in the AM.

Spike

Back