vacuum modulator problems 94 xlt explorer 4.0 v6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

vacuum modulator problems 94 xlt explorer 4.0 v6

94explodah

Reaction score
City, State
maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
hey i recently found tranny fluid in my vacuum tree coming from the vacuum modulator and knew right away that it was bad so i changes it stupid me went after market not knowing there was three diff color bands on the modulators indicating three diff types of them so i went to napa got one threw it in and no more leak but now it slams into gear when u give it gad to downshift any idea on what this could be ????.....i have also noticed that the vacuum lines are pretty hacked in this truck so maybe that has somthing to do with it any help would be nice though because so far i have only hit a brick wall trying to figure out whats going on with it trying to fix it for my wife she is walking to work right now doesnt make me feel very good knowing its getting cold out she needs a vehicle

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check to see if the modulator is adjustable. Most of the aftermarket ones are. Pull the vacuum line off of the modulator and look inside that tube. If it is adjustable you will see a little (should be) flat head that you can adjust pressure with.

ok cool sounds good is there any way to find some kinda spec for these seems to be just a turn right or left and trouble shoot till it doesnt slam anymore but i will try it out when i go home this weekend and see if it works thanks alot

yeah when i installed the new one i noticed on the back side there seemed to be a little set screw and it seem's to be backed out a lot i will have to try it out thanks alot

If you still have the old one it may have the screw as well. Just count the number of turns to turn it in all the way and then back the new one out the same number. All the ones I have seen for the old C6's had the adjustment.

Back