• Register Today It's free!

Venom 400 module

brax-91-xlt

Reaction score
City, State
oxford ms
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT
Anyone here use one or like it? Boasts 25% hp/torque gain.
Venom 400 Control Module

The Venom 400 Performance Control Module is an add-on control unit that features its own micro-controller. This module is connected to the vehicle's sensors and increase engine performance by monitoring the sensors output characteristics and modifying the input to the existing vehicles computer.
The Venom 400 improves horsepower by as much as 25% through the range of approximately 1,000 to 5,000 RPM. Besides a substantial increase of torque, the Venom 400 reduces flat spots or delay time during sudden acceleration.
The Venom 400 incorporates an 8-bit micro-computer that is capable of monitoring the various sensor inputs and modifying their output at more than 40 times per second. If you already have installed a performance prom, the Venom 400 will enhance the vehicle's performance beyond the parameters set by the performance prom.
The Venom 400 constantly monitors the vehicle's throttle position sensor (TPS) and manifold absolute pressure (MAP) or mass air sensor (MAS). When air flow entering the engine and the throttle position sensor reaches a predetermined level, the Venom 400 is activated. The Venom 400 then enters a strategy of sense and modify. It senses the sensor values, interprets them, then modifies them to increase performance. The existing on-board computer senses the modified values and increases fuel flow, modifies the ignition spark curve and transmission shift points (on automatics only). Once the sensor valves return to normal mode, the Venom 400 switches back to sense only mode until conditions again warrant the high performance mode.

* The Venom 400 is only active when peak performance is required. During normal driving the Venom 400 remains passive until the microcomputer determines that engine airflow and throttle position warrants increased performance. Normal fuel economy prevails while under normal load.

* Enhances the performance gains achieved by installing an upgraded chip. Whatever the gains are as specified within the chip, they will be magnified through the use of the Venom 400.

* The Venom 400 will not trigger the emission safeguards of today's vehicles.

* The Venom 400 has an off switch so smog certification is achieved when not racing.

* Red ****pit LED indicating Venom 400 activation.

* Up to 25% or more increase in horsepower throughout the power range of 1,000 to 5,000 RPMs (where the vehicles red line is 6,000 RPM)

* The flat spot or delay found with automatic transmission downshifts, which can be as much as three seconds, is eliminated.

* Venom 400 works equally well with automatic or manual transmissions.

* The Venom 400 will not damage existing vehicle electronics and no modifications to the existing electronics are necessary.

HP & Torque: Up to 25% increase
under $300
what do ya'll think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know that the computer that came with my supercharger kit is very similar. These units are different from a chip in that they 'think' instead of just having new programs.

If it works, great! I don't know of any Explorers who have used it though.

Sounds like BS to me, more snake oil. Why can't the stock computer "think" for itself? I'm sure Ford spent alot more hours programming and testing their EEC 4 and 5 computers than these lamebrains.......

When I was a camaro guy I remember people loving these things and some swearing that they acvtually got the 25% Hp out of it. I never got one though.

I bought a Superchip instead, i went with the tried and tested brand. However i was close to buying a venom

Originally posted by Jason_25
Sounds like BS to me, more snake oil. Why can't the stock computer "think" for itself? I'm sure Ford spent alot more hours programming and testing their EEC 4 and 5 computers than these lamebrains.......

Hehe I dont think my computer is that smart. Its a '91.
If I get it Ill let ya'll know how it works.

Please Do. If it really improves power that much I will buy one.

Yes I wouldn't trust someone playing around with my engine's computer if they can't even program in HTML :nono:

thats not the website...

try here...

http://www.venom-performance.com/

i am very interested in this, it looks like it would be a great first mod for my new (very old) truck...it would be perfect to mod with, you can increase the performance by changing the amount of air taken in by the engine, and also the amount of fuel taken in, and if you improve spark performance also, it would work better then the predicted 25% horsepower gain...

as soon as i get 300 big ones, im gonna get one of these and begin improving the performance of my EX

Its not that our computer doesnt think, just that its all done very conservatively for max reliability and such. The venom just like a chip will do things more aggresively

It says:
The Venom 400 is only active when peak performance is required. During normal driving the Venom 400 remains passive....<snip>

Now let me get this straight...I always thought the comp program in the aftermarket chips like Superchips and Diablo and Jet worked under all driving conditions, from idle to redline. This one would only work if you tromped it. What's up with that??? That seems of less value to me.

it also says that it works from 1000 to 5000/Redline RPM which means that what your reading just says that it turns off when the engine is idle or the accelerators not bein pushed....

Looks like a contradiction to me.

First they say it turns itself off under normal driving conditions.

Then they say it works from 1,000 to 5,000 rpm

on my truck normal driving conditions is 600 to 3500 rpm
guess it would turn off for me, or maybe it wouldnt!??
I'm just not smart enuf to figure it out.

i'm not knockin it tho, just pointin sh*t out

go figure

Back