• Register Today It's free!

Wanted. Aerostar dust shields.

denhop01

Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 sport, "99 sport
I was replacing my pads and rotors on my 1996 Aerostar 4 wheel drive today and found out that my brake rotor dust shields are broken where they attach. Any idea as to where they and be bought?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Part number for the Aerostar AWD dust shield is F29Z2K004A and the first gen explorer part number is FOTZ-2K004-A. The Aerostar shield has a window at the lower ball joint, the Explorer shield does not, I'm not sure if the explorer shield will work. A junk yard will have that part, most of the yards that list on car-part.com will ship. I noticed you are 4 days shy of 10 years since joining the forum for your 1st post. Welcome to the forum!!!

Part number for the Aerostar AWD dust shield is F29Z2K004A and the first gen explorer part number is FOTZ-2K004-A. The Aerostar shield has a window at the lower ball joint, the Explorer shield does not, I'm not sure if the explorer shield will work. A junk yard will have that part, most of the yards that list on car-part.com will ship. I noticed you are 4 days shy of 10 years since joining the forum for your 1st post. Welcome to the forum!!!
Thanks for the info. I assume this part number will work for either right or left? I thought bolt patterns were different. Also, if the explorer part does not have the window, I assume it could be cut in? I have been lurking around this forum for a long time. Great forum. Will need to upgrade my account to elite again.

I show 1 part number for each dust shield. The images on Google do not look similar. I'm not sure if the explorer dust shield can be modified. Can you repair your dust shields?

The left side backing plate is missing. Only the mounting brackets are left under the bolts. The right is half missing. I think I will try and modify an explorer plate. Couldn’t find any on web search. Aerostar in junk yards are rare. Sometimes it is tough working on the older cars but I love my Aerostar.

Did you check their website for the Explorer plate? Josh, would a Bronco ll or Ranger plate work?
The AWD dust shield is held on by the 3 bolts that secure the outer hub bearing assembly so I can't tell beyond a shadow of a doubt only looking at pictures which dust shields can be modified to work.

Josh, the attachments could not be opened and once I clicked on them the numbers disappeared. Can you send again please.

Screenshot from 2019-06-02 06-03-12.png
explorer dust shield.jpg

Back