• Register Today It's free!

martin_95037

Reaction score
City, State
Morgan Hill, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer EB 4.6 V8
Hello

we a fair bit of rain today where I live, more than 1/2. when I got back in my car I noticed a few droplets of water coming down from there you turn the lights on, turn on the rear heater/AC unit and control the sunroof (look closely at the black button. when I turned a corner, water went from one button to the other. I think it is my windshield that is leaking but I cant prove it yet. the panel where all these controls are is already cracked open a little. but I did not see any water coming down. I only check it for a about 10 seconds. not a lot of water but I want this fixed soon.

I live next to an auto body shop. How much will it cost to get my windshield resealed or replaced. I don't have the equipment or the knowledge to replace this myself.

Attachments

• IMG_0240.jpg
    IMG_0240.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 69

Most people can't replace a windshield, and most body shops call in a glass company to do it. Look in your yellow pages for "glass" or "auto glass" and they can send a windshield guy to your home or work. But they might not guarantee the glass won't break, and they can quote you prices -- it's worth asking. I have not had the problem you have, but I understand there is a couple of drains for the sunroof that run down the pillars and empty out near the tires (I think). Maybe they're plugged. I'd check into that before I'd have the windshield pulled.

Back