Way to rewire power windows?

MO_GUY

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Farber, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explo Sport 4.0 SOHC
Is there a way I can rewire my power window button that is on the driver side so that it does the same as the driver side button and the window will roll down automatically just by tapping the button? It feels quite stupid when I can do that with my drivers window but I have to hold the passenger button down.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rewiring the windows would be a pita and you could blow out the motors. I believe performance products www.performanceproducts.com sells a module that will allow all your windows to roll up or down at one touch.

I tried to wire in an auto down relay into my passenger window and failed. Even with full wiring diagrams, the wiring was way too complicated for me to do it. If you want your other windows to be autodown, buy an aftermarket kit that is made to plug in.

well see i thought of maybe just splicing the auto down wire from the drivers switch to the pass. switch....would that work?

I don't think so. The autodown is controlled by a relay that sits somewhere behind the dash. Crossing the 2 window circuits may work, it may not. What it could do is stress your wiring and relay and burn it out. But you can always try it!

You realize that if you do this then any time you want to roll down your driver window you will have to roll down your pass window too. IMO that is more inconvenient than the convenience you're adding.

I just got used to holding my finger on the pass window button for 4 seconds, it's not that big of a deal.

Back