weird noise suspension went away?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

weird noise suspension went away??

oz16us

Reaction score
City, State
Brandon, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac
okay, so i was able to bring my truck to a shop to find out what's the popping play noise on the front passenger side that i hear when the ground level changes (not specifically when i brake. Only when the road surface changes levels by tilting forward or backwards). Keep in mind, I have new shocks on both fronts wheels and I changed out the bearing on the front passenger side wheel...

so when i brought it to the mechanic, they tried to rock the front suspension by pushing up and down on it...they weren't able to replicate the noise. So the manager and I took it for a test drive out on the road and all of a suspend, the noise is completely gone!

And he said, maybe it's got something to do with it raining today and it might be a bushing.... but I don't think so. What i find coincidental is that when I rock the front suspension by bouncing up and own on the front end of the truck right before I drive the truck, this play popping noise disappears. Not sure if this truck has rubber mounts on the springs, could this be the problem? any other suggestions? thanks in advance

Back