• Register Today It's free!

weird spark plug option...

calylove

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Mounty V8/ '92 XLT
ok so i plan to do a nice tune-up this week on the new girl and i went to pick up plugs and wires at Murray's Auto by my office. I am taking all of the advice found on the forum and sticking to Motorcraft but they only had two. "Copper" for $2 and platinum for $4. Obviously i wanted to go for the platinum for a few bucks more, but what's the deal with "copper." Since mine is a 92, i'm not sure they even had platinum plugs back then, so my concern was that everyone here is saying stay as original as possible on the plugs and now I'm not sure which way to go. Figured i post here and run back afterwork.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you got the Platinum's you did great. They will work very nice in your rig. I have a set of them in my '91.

I think your fine either way.

The platinums might last longer probably but that's it.

i figure if the "coppers" are just as good besides life span, i can afford to change them out again every year meaning i would have new plugs more often. Would that be better or am i an idiot and platinum is the way to go?

Yours came with copper plugs the only real difference in the plugs is the lifespan. Platinum will not give you better performance or better fuel mileage just wont have to change them out as often. good choice on the motorcraft I wont put anything else in.

Back