Well, this'll be my last before and after pic... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Well, this'll be my last before and after pic...

Since I won't be adding anything else before I sell the truck (not for a couple months at least) I figured I'd post one final before/after shot of it.

Before: This is mid-February, right after I bought my X...
explorer1.jpg

After: This is the most recent picture, taken last week.
Dsc00014.jpg

It'll be a sad day when she leaves me... *wipes a tear away*

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why are you selling it :( ?

I need to buy something more economical since I'm starting college in the fall. I'll be driving about 30 minutes one way to school, not to mention any other driving I do... and my Explorer gets about 13 mpg. I'm gonna buy a small car, probably either a Focus or Integra, to save money on gas (and from mods, too... I'd like to get pretty hardcore with the mods on the Explorer, and it'd be kept to a minimum on the car...).

I say buy an Intgra. I test drove one before I bought my Camaro. It was a hard decision between the 2 of them. I felt the Integra was a little too small that was the reason I didn't buy it. My Camaro got 24 mpg even with my lead foot. With the Focus you might not be able to get out of people's way and I know you'll have no problem with the Integra. Besides, the Integra looks much sportier. (Teachers can make up words.)

Also, don't leave the sight. Stay in touch! After college when you get your high paying job you can buy another Explorer. See ya after college with Explorer.

Originally posted by Char
I say buy an Intgra. I test drove one before I bought my Camaro. It was a hard decision between the 2 of them. I felt the Integra was a little too small that was the reason I didn't buy it. My Camaro got 24 mpg even with my lead foot. With the Focus you might not be able to get out of people's way and I know you'll have no problem with the Integra. Besides, the Integra looks much sportier. (Teachers can make up words.)

Also, don't leave the sight. Stay in touch! After college when you get your high paying job you can buy another Explorer. See ya after college with Explorer.

I probably will go with an Integra, largely in part to the aftermarket support. I would like to get coilovers, 18" wheels, and plenty of engine upgrades- and it'll cost much less for an Integra than a Focus, since the Focus hasn't been around as long. Hopefully I'll be able to find an Integra GS-R for a good price.

I'll still hang around the site, and I definitely plan to get a truck down the road to use for offroading. I'd like to find a pre-93 V6 4x4 Ranger in good running condition, something I wouldn't be concerned about beating up offroad. Every time I would hear branches scrape against the Explorer, my blood would run cold... I might even go and coat my future truck in Herculiner, kinda a shrine for Gerald :p

Sorry to hear your selling your explorer. But atleast it's for a good reason like education. Good luck in college.

Back