What improvements came with V2.11? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What improvements came with V2.11?

Touchwiz and motoblur=custom BT stacks. I'd be willing to bet you can find the answers you need online.

I'm not saying your BT in the ex is perfect, just trying to help you help yourself :)

Sorry, Unique, I need a little help understanding Touchwiz and motoblur=custom BT stacks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yup, you have a lemon. Mine has worked great from day 1. No real big issues. So no need for tissues. Lemons are lemons. Your bound to get some. Good luck with the LEMON law thingy. Here in Canada we go to arbitration. So if you're from Canakistan and have a LEMON. Document everything. Explorer ROCKS. At least mine does. Love driving it. Love MFT. LOVE IT. Getting 11.3 in the city right now.

11.3 what?

Sorry, Unique, I need a little help understanding Touchwiz and motoblur=custom BT stacks

Sorry, this might help more.

Many major android manufactureers put an overlay on stock android to enhance user experience, and make their phone unique. With that, many of the drivers (including BT) get changed, butchered is often a more appropriate term.

HTC=sense overlay
Samsung=touchwiz overlay
Moto=motoblur overlay

You having two of these should have noticed that they look and feel different, even though they are both android at heart. The unfortunate part is they often end up with substandard operation on some features.

Unique,

Thanks for the info. I hope that is not my problem. I'm hoping it will be a Ford problem. The fact that a lot of other folks are complaining about this situation gives me hope that the resolution will be beyond my X and phones.

flaguy
Have you tried:

1.) unsynching all phones
2.) factory reset of MFT (through the MFT menus) then
3.) REVERSE PAIR your fascinate?

If you need help on #2 and #3 let me know and I can assist.

If this does not fix your problem, I'd be inclined to assume its hardware related - OR - you might just happen to have two phones that don't like Sync

Yup, I tried all of the above with no help. I keep going back to all of the other folks reporting this "wind tunnel" effect and have to believe that it is a problem with the microphone picking up the noise somehow.

Yup, I tried all of the above with no help. I keep going back to all of the other folks reporting this "wind tunnel" effect and have to believe that it is a problem with the microphone picking up the noise somehow.

"a problem with the microphone picking up the noise somehow" =

Yup. That would be my guess. A batch of bad mics? I would take it to the dealer and complain. Better yet, call the service tech while on the road/highway to illustrate. Suggest that they replace the microphone. While in there, suggest they put some foam behind it to isolate it from the roof.

I have an idea. It will take minimal effort on your part.

Unpair your phone. Drive (preferably have a passenger handle the phone for safety). Place a call, talk. Put phone on speaker, talk. Hold phone up by SYNC mic at highway speeds. Try a few other areas near the windshield. Ask other end how each place sounds. Pull over, pair phone. Repeat test by calling the same person on the same remote phone at the same speed. Your Samsung does not have a noise canceling mic in the handset. This could help you isolate your issue to cabin noise and simply the amount of airspace in the ex, or something wrong with the mic or SYNC (or your BT connection).

After reflecting on all of the suggestions, I'm convinced that road noise is the only answer. It is not the phones. It is not the microphone. It is not a bluetooth problem. Just considering that the sound is good when you are stopped eliminates all of those possibilities. It only occurs when your speed increases. Something is causing the microphone to pick up road noise from somewhere. I just wish Ford engineers would determine where.

I have the same noise issue. I have a Blackberry phone and have done the master reset and unfortunately have had to re-pair with regularity.

Called my office from the road today (freshly paved interstate), and was told that they could barely hear me.

And before someone says it, the volume adjustment on the phone does not operate once SYNC has taken over.

I think it's wind noise in the cavity between the windshield and where the moonroof would be...same thing that's causing the rain noise.

I agree, Its the road noise. It can be quite loud on certain highways.More than the Enclave I traded. But the noise cancellation software should cancel the noise. I have paired both Blackberry and I phone and the noise is still there. I am hoping the new 2.11 will help. Or a new mike. I have 2.7 now,

I agree, Its the road noise. It can be quite loud on certain highways.More than the Enclave I traded. But the noise cancellation software should cancel the noise. I have paired both Blackberry and I phone and the noise is still there. I am hoping the new 2.11 will help. Or a new mike. I have 2.7 now,

It seems the Ford system is lagging here in comparison to the GM implementation for bluetooth. In an Enclave I got out of, the Enclave would instantly throttle the HVAC system down to minimal levels to control cabin noise. It really worked well and is something Ford OUGHT to be doing too. It does however require greater integration.

I have the iphone4, no one has complained about noise when I am talking to them..whether parked or driving. I can hear everyone perfectly.
Originally when I got my Ex I couldn't hear anyone(I had a Samsung Rogue)..no amount of playing with phone volume or radio volume did the trick.
I have had no problems since getting the iphone.

I traded in a 2010 Buick LaCrosse...the blue tooth in that vehicle sucked.
My phone rarely ever stayed paired and when an incoming call came in it gave me 1 sec to answer before it went right to my voice mail.

I also have an iPhone 4 and have not had any complaints. I actually had a friend that told me they though I was just talking on my phone without any bluetooth device.

Jackey,

You are one of the lucky ones, or the folks you have called have not complained about the noise. The sound on the Explorer end is fine, loud and clear. It is the people receiving the call that have the "wind tunnel" effect.

While the AC fan may contribute to the problem, it is not the root cause. When parked, with the AC off, the calls are received clearly. While driving, with the AC off, calls are received with noise.

Jackey,

You are one of the lucky ones, or the folks you have called have not complained about the noise. The sound on the Explorer end is fine, loud and clear. It is the people receiving the call that have the "wind tunnel" effect.

While the AC fan may contribute to the problem, it is not the root cause. When parked, with the AC off, the calls are received clearly. While driving, with the AC off, calls are received with noise.

I do consider myself lucky..I haven't had any problems except minor glitches with MFT. I love my Explorer. :)

I have an iPhone 3GS and I wish the text messaging alerts would work when listening to the Radio/Siruis/USB modes. The phone works great but I never hear a message alert.

I have an iPhone 3GS and I wish the text messaging alerts would work when listening to the Radio/Siruis/USB modes. The phone works great but I never hear a message alert.

The iPhone does not contain the necessary BT profile for text messaging (I believe sync is using the MAP profile). It's an Apple issue, not a Ford one unfortunately :(

Back