What is the big canister next to brake fluid resivior??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What is the big canister next to brake fluid resivior???

MyExpWork

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Camarillo, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 4-door 4X4 XLT
IN my 91 there is a big canister/diaphram looking thing that is situated on the drivers side wheel well in the engine compartment. If i am looking from the front bumper in the engine bay it sits on the whee well behind the washer fluid and radiator overflow resivoirs and to the right of the brake master cylidner/fluid resivoir.

I cannot find anything in the repair manual about it. I beleive it has two or three hoses coming from it. One of the hoses has a check valve in it.

I found a hose coming out of it that was just laying there not going anywhere. I need to know where this hose goes. I have looked a vacuum diagrams, but not knowing what this thing is called, they have been no help.

Thanks,

Brian

I think you are referring to the cruise control servo. And the basic DIY manuals (Chiltons, Haynes) don't always have much if anything to say about the cruise control. You might need to refer to a better manual (Libraries often have them).

Back