what makes a sport trac an XLT?

LONO100

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bay Area CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 sport trac XLT
hey fellas, i always wondered what makes a sport trac a xls and an xlt. i have an 03 sport trac 03, but many trac owners who have an xlt have stuff i dont. my trac came with a trailer hitch, fog lights, power locks, power windows, power rear window, and 4.10 gears. it might have some other stuff im forgetting at the moment too, but im missing the overhead console, and the cool rearview mirror that everyone talks about. also, i have the center console that has the bag, and i dont have any power seats. anyone know what makes the distinction between xls and xlt? thanks in advance guys.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

AFAIK, the wheels are the easiest way to tell. The XLS came with the teardrop wheels and the XLT came with 5 spoke. I would have assumed the XLT had the full center console but maybe not. I'm not 100% sure to be honest, but I have seen the 5 spoke wheels referred to as XLT wheels.

mine did come with the 5 spoke wheels, im just missing certain bells and whistles like the center console, the power seats and rearview mirror.

LOL Hugh, and with all that info, they DON'T list rim and center console options.

I have an 01 with the 5 spoke and EVERYTHING that was available and it didnt have any cool little XLT badge or anything :(

Wonder why those aren't listed? Hmmm? :dunno:

Mine has everything possible except limited slip. No badge. Did they ever do XLT badges?

I have XLT badging on my '03 ST.

Here's mine all stock except for the 265/70/16 Bridgestone's and the hood visor...

picture.php

Here's my badge...

picture.php

They didn't use the xlt/xls distinction in 01. They also had a red sport trace badge on the tailgate instead of the chrome and black. Not sure about 02 but I know in 01 there was only 1 version to choose from. And mines got everything except the limited slip diff. and manual passenger seat.

mine is a xlt with no rear cup holders,hmmmm odd

The only things that I don't have option wise are...

moonroof
power passenger seat
leather seats
heated seats
skid plates

That's it, I have every other option available.

Not sure if previous owner removed these or if it has it...

(unsure if remove by previous owner)
subwoofer tailgate extender
tonneau cover

(not sure if it has it, have to check)
overhead airbags

LONO, the Sport Trac didn't come a factory with a tow hitch as far as I know. Everyone I know bought their's aftermarket or had the dealer add this on extra.

I have a love/hate relationship with that ugly red Sport Trac badge. I have considered removing it many times (full debadging a couple times). The only reason I haven't is because I feel the need to properly represent the truck. Many people have no idea what it is when they see a lifted one.

The red kinda matches the tail lights... Lol

thanks for the info fellas, that chart hawaii posted pretty much broke it down. im not one to be missing electric seats, or a moon roof, but the auto dim rearview i couldve used.

I'm actually impressed at the options that came with the base version.

The only badge I have on mine is now partially hidden by the tire carrier. Most people think it's a lifted F-150, I actually had a guy driving a Raptor stop me and ask me if it was an early model modded Raptor (that blew me away, the guy had no clue).

Back