What should I do?

colintrax

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you fix it enough to make it saleable, you just made no money.

Anyone think there's money in this truck? KBB is a lil over $2,000 in fair condition. Fix the tranny, ac, and back doors; will that cost more than $1500?

I want it :D

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/3145723601.html
I would stay away from it. Look at the right front fender/door alignment. More like misalignmet. Why are they'd no pictures of the left side? What you said it needs will most likely cost more than $1500 to fix, unless you are a good mechanic.

I agree with dewey- stay away from it. Besides the front end repairs, the color combo is brutal. If it was a black/tan maybe, but not that color combo.

Hey, I'll trade my gray leather seats for those cloth ones. My truck is Medium Graphite Metallic. May not be the best color interior for mine, but sure beats the leather here in Az.

To fix the back doors would probably only be two springs (cost less than $5 for a package of springs), to fix the fender looks like you would just need to loosen the bottom two bolts and push it in. As far as the AC and the tranny.....who knows. I say go check it out and personally I like the color combination but since I have one that looks just like it I may be a little biased. :)

I don't think the misaligned fender is the issue, it's the possible damage and repairs that took place on the truck- including the other side that they don't show...

...and not saying that the color combo should have been a Ford abort, just that in the realm of used cars, not many go into the task looking for a baby blue SUV with a blue interior... :)

too close to break even for me

If you buy it, part it out and youll probably make more. If you do, ill take the rear bumper

You wouldn't find anyone to buy it for $2000 even if you fixed the tranny and AC. People look at mileage and assume it means something significant, and they won't care if the tranny is brand friggen new. All that goes through people's heads is high mileage must mean that it is going to break any moment. I bet you that people wouldn't offer you much more than 600 more than the current asking price, even with all the issues repaired.

Alright :( guess I'll pass it up. Thanks you guys

Back