What should I pay for a Limited? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What should I pay for a Limited?

Yeah because a lot of us want a 1 - 1 1/2 year old car that has 26,000 miles on the clock already...do what works for you I guess.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I will let you suckers pay that much for a new explorer and next year, when you get tired of it, I'll buy it for 27,000 lol (no offense). I bought a 2011 Limited in October 2012 for that price. 26,000 miles, but drives and smells brand new with a couple of scratches that i buffed out myself. Bought the best ESP and have enjoyed brand new car treatment at the dealer when I have a concern. (the same concerns you have for a brand new one) Buy a used one the way you want it and take your wife out for a steak every week with the difference in car payments.

Whatever floats your boat buddy......I prefer to not buy a used castoff that someone else no longer wants or that has seat cushions full of their old rotten farts. I'll stick with new (full warranty) and still take my wife out for a steak dinner every week. You do what you have to do if all you can afford is used.

Haha! I certainly respect everyone's opinion, but to the guy who said that only a new car has a full warranty, that's garbage. EVERY explorer comes with a standard and transferrable 3/36k and the Ford Motor Company Extended Service Plan extends that SAME warranty for a lot longer. It is just silly to me to pay 40k for something that will only be worth 30 when you wake up the next morning with it in your driveway. I'll proudly buy someone else's year old cast off and enjoy the fact that I don't have to actually buy a 40k car to know I can afford one. Thanks for making it possible!

Look do what rocks your boat......i always buy new no worries about warranty..etc.....my dealership is great sorry i lease ilove to change my car evey three years that i have been doing since 1998 dont care what people say that i never own it, i'm throwing away money etc..... This is america do what makes you :)

The Explorer is I have is my 5th leased vehicle since 1999. It will be available in March 2015 with a buyout price of $19,158.23 (CDN). By then I expect it will have around 24,700 kms (15,350 mi.) on it.
I may buy it or likely go for another lease. I may also see what offers I may be able to get for it.

Peter

Hey Peter,

How is your lease structured (miles, monthy payment, etc) if you don't mind me asking. Is it pretty beneficial and if you decide to buy it when its up, is it a good deal?

Hey Peter,

How is your lease structured (miles, monthy payment, etc) if you don't mind me asking. Is it pretty beneficial and if you decide to buy it when its up, is it a good deal?
PM sent.

Peter

Looking for the best deals on the 2013-2014 limited

i am in market for a new 2013-2014 and am trying to see if you guys can give me some pointers on what price to aim for? is there a better time to buy like after x max or something? any new incentives? dealers making deals on 2013s etc

i am in market for a new 2013-2014 and am trying to see if you guys can give me some pointers on what price to aim for? is there a better time to buy like after x max or something? any new incentives? dealers making deals on 2013s etc
Welcome to the Forum mr_z06.:wavey:
As I indicated in my PM, I have moved your thread/post to this existing one on the same topic;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=383322&highlight=deals

I would think that the best deals on a 2014 could likely be had once the 2015 model is in production. Dealers will be looking to clear 2014 inventory then.
Incentives tend to differ from one area to another. The best thing to do is to check out the Ford website for these incentives and/or programs.
Good luck.

Peter

Thanks peter.

I know it is going to be hard to find a 2013 now but if any one knows of one let me know i am looking for a silver , limited with 2nd row bucket seats.

Thanks peter.

I know it is going to be hard to find a 2013 now but if any one knows of one let me know i am looking for a silver , limited with 2nd row bucket seats.

FWIW. I started my search also looking for a 2013, because The color I wanted was discontinued. I ended up buying a 2014 (even though it meant choosing a different color) which I was able to get with exactly (only) what I wanted on it, and was cheaper than any of the 2013's that were available that had what we wanted on them, plus. I used truecar, who put me in touch with 3 different local dealers, and then I used the fact that only one of them could get me the best price on the car, to get them to bid against each other for my business. Can't say I like the haggling the process, but since I initially wasn't going to buy anyway unless I got the 2013 color I wanted I think we both got something out of it. Also, do yourself a favor and print out the bell curve figure that truecar presents you and bring it into your price discussion with the dealer (the key issue is % off of MSRP). Basically the figure shows you that people were actually able to buy cars for the amounts on the low end of the curve, and your question to the dealer should be "why can't I be one of them"? They have all sorts of reasons why that's the case, but ultimately that's where you want to be on the price.

Back