• Register Today It's free!

What size can i fit

ridge903

Reaction score
City, State
Pheonix, Az
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ranger FX4
i have 2001 Ranger Edge i currently turned the torsion bar to level the truck out and got an extra two inches of clearence in the front with that so would i be able to fit 31x10.5x15 with the stock suspension or would i still need a body lift

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Adjusting the torsion bars does NOT change the size of tires you can run. Your suspension still bottoms and tops at the same position and the steering still has the same stops. All it does it change the ride height within the stock travel.

The good news is that the 31x10.50's will fit your Edge just fine when used with wheels that have stock offset (+12mm) or anything close - whether you crank the t-bars or not.

thanks man yea see with turning the torsion bar it raised the level up two more inches and gave me more room in my wheel well so that they would not rub the fenders but you say that they will fit cause i am still thinking about putting a 3 inch bl on it as well

yes they will fit, and doing a TT does increase the size fite you can run. The FX4 level II come with 31x10.50's...so with a 3" bl you should be able to get 33's if not 35's with trimming.

yes they will fit, and doing a TT does increase the size fite you can run.
Yes, cranking up the torsion bars changes whether they will hit when the truck is sitting still. However, when moving, the front suspension tops out and bottoms at exactly the same place and the steering moves through the same angles, too.

A street driven truck might get away with a torsion twist to run bigger tires. Offroad, if they hit, they hit. Raising or lowering the static height within the factory wheel travel is irrelevant.

with a TT it does limit the travel....when you TT one inch you go up and inch and loose an inch of down travel. Most 2nd gen guys around here that havnt SAS'd have a 2" TT 3" bl and run 33's and they dont have problems....

yea thanks guys yalls info really helps i have been looking on ebay trying to get a wheel and tire combo cheaper then what it is going to cost me to go buy new tires i went and got a estimate today and to get 31x1050 bf a/t is going to run me about 710 with the road hazard on them which kinda sucks thats alot of money

where is a good place to get a cheap bl

where is a good place to get a cheap bl

Summit is the best place. If you find it somewhere cheaper they will price match. As far as tire size stock you can fit 31's If you BL it you will want at least a 32. 33s work out fairly well but when flexing the rear the tires can contact the bedsides depending on wheel size and offset.

with a TT it does limit the travel....when you TT one inch you go up and inch and loose an inch of down travel.
Simply adjusting the torsion bars does not change the wheel travel at all. That is defined by the LCA bump stops on jounce and the extended shock length on rebound. All the t-bar adjustment does is change the static ride height WITHIN the factory travel range.

right yea right now im not looking at the extra wheel travel i was just looking at getting the tire in there but in the future i am going to try to add wheel travel this is my first truck that i am actually lifting never gotten in to this stuff before and i am on a limited budget and love the look of a lifted truck but i am going to make it useable eventually right now it is just looks

Back