What size for a fuel rail adapter? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What size for a fuel rail adapter?

Well, I'm trying to finish setting up my NX, and I need to tap into the fuel rail. I'd like to go in at the end of the rail, as there is a plate, fitting, and shrader valve back there. The thread on the fitting is the exact same as a tire valve cap. Anyways, I ordered an adapter block for a V6 05 Mustang, thinking it was the same as the 4.0 from '01. The design and shape is the same, but it's offset just about a millimeter or two, meaning it won't work. Now I have a nice $50 paperweight (which is going on eBay soon).

I was just wondering how the rest of you guys have tapped in to add a gauge, or get fuel to a NX solenoid. I'm thinking it will be 1/16", but I'm running out of money guessing ordering parts. Any help?

Bummer. I can't answer your questions but take a look at this. Same motor, maybe you can get some tips on what to do and what NOT to do.

Click

au1st - I think this should help u.Click

Sweet ass. I ordered that exact part on eBay this morning as my last ditch effort before asking for help. Autometer #3280. Lol, thanks Jakee.

Oh, and looking at that first link, I'm even less paranoid now about the NX. That kid was running a dry shot, 25hp more than I'm going to run, and with much less "security" features installed (digital RPM window switch, etc, etc) and some of those guys ran 50+ bottles through stock 4.0 internals. I will have upgraded internals long before I run 50 bottles through.

au01st said:
Sweet ass. I ordered that exact part on eBay this morning as my last ditch effort before asking for help. Autometer #3280. Lol, thanks Jakee.

Oh, and looking at that first link, I'm even less paranoid now about the NX. That kid was running a dry shot, 25hp more than I'm going to run, and with much less "security" features installed (digital RPM window switch, etc, etc) and some of those guys ran 50+ bottles through stock 4.0 internals. I will have upgraded internals long before I run 50 bottles through.

I know you've done you're home work A LOT more than that nerd did and wasn't trying to scare you. I just thought it was very interesting. There's some good info over there. Ofcourse you have to weed out the igmo's but it's not hard to do once you read a bit.

Back