Finally found a fuel rail adapter!!! :D | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finally found a fuel rail adapter!!! :D

Well, after talking with James last week up in Jasper, I decided to look through the catalogs at work. I ordered a few different fuel pressure tester kits, and found one that I thought would work. Low and behold, it's the same thread as my fuel rail :D

I removed the schrader valve from the adapter and I was wondering if I could/should drill it out more, since I was a little worried about getting fuel (I also though of the fact that the actual fuel nozzle pill is much smaller than this hole, but I've had enough engineering classes to know that the shape of the nozzle and all comes into play on the exit velocity and mass flow rate). If I drill out the hole to be the same width the whole way through, will I mess with the part's strength/integrity or fuel flow? I figure at 60psi, it won't make that much difference, but I want to be sure. I took a pic from the top to show the width of the hole that's there and you can see I can go appx a milimeter on either side to add 2mm of diameter to the adapter. Will this be okay?

I'm excited, I had all but given up hope on finding this part and was looking for good spots to tap the fuel rail, now I won't have to :D :D :D

Adapter (I don't know what thread the female is but it fits, to 4AN
FuelRailAdapter.jpg

From the top, see the restriction
FuelRailAdapterTop.jpg

Drill it to be safe. Don't worry you will be fine. I suggest drilling out the hole to the edge of the inner chamfer on the top of the flare part of the fitting. That will keep things plenty strong and ensure you have plenty of flow to your fuel solenoid.

Let me guess this adapter appears to be from an Actron fuel pressure guage.

Let me guess this adapter appears to be from an Actron fuel pressure guage.

James FTW!

Yeah, we had a few different ones at work (Advance Auto) so I ordered them all, sliced em open in the parking lot, and bought the one that fit. Expensive little adapter...$30 for the kit after discount...but it's worth it.

I still need to get new tires and an alignment before I start messing with the nitrous again, though.

Back