What wheel offset to run 10.50's?

whisperer

Historic
Reaction score
City, State
Bend OR - Hilo HI - Bel Air MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
:) Which one?
Wow, The tire chart says I can really run 10.50's with no lift on my 2k Ex? Dead Link Removed Does anybody have an offset or backspacing on 8" rims to make sure I clear everything?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You need to account for tire size and is it lifted at all?? to figure out offset.

Nope, no lift. I might bring it up a little with the TB's but no lift on this one.

Lacky: yours is a Sport (I have one just like that one too) but the Sport has the big flares and this one (a 2000 4 door AWD) has much smaller wheel wells then the Sport.

On this Ex I am running 235/75 15's at the moment and there is only about 3-4" in front and back of the (front) tires right now. I'm thinking if I go much bigger then the tires will hit the fenders when turning? Not too interested in cutting this one to clear.

What is the largest tire I can put on a stock 2K 4 door with no lift without rubbing?

I had 31x10.50 on Dick Cepek 15x8 DC1 wheels, no lift on my 97 Mountaineer and had zero rubbing issues.

I was thinking spindle/control arm clearance. In that respect I think a 4" BS would also be good even with the 11.5 wide tire. 4" BS should be great with 10.5 tires.

as far as fender clearance, you're correct. my flares are bigger than yours and don't you forget it :p:

The backspacing part was about clearing the spindle and brakes, but the tire size part is about clearing the body all the way through the turn radius. I have other TTB trucks and at least I'm not going to hit the strut rod with this one....

Lacky: :) I also have exactly the same 98 as you and the flares are huge. I have 235's on that one and they look tiny in those wheelwells! I will be fixing that when the tires wear out.

OK then, I'm going to order a set of wheels 15 x 8 with 4" BS based on this info guys.

IMG_0472.jpg

15x8 4" bs and bfg 31/10.50, rubbed on front bumper pretty bad...took off an inch or so and now no rubbing. It did not rub on the side skirt but i trimmed them anyways.

Back