Wheel Bearings and Front Strut Mounts Worn | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wheel Bearings and Front Strut Mounts Worn

Just a vote of support: After all of these years building cars and trucks, why do we have an issue like this? Back-country roads haven't changed all that much in the past 20 years.
I guess it comes down to numbers: build a million vehicles with a defective part acceptance rate of 0.5% and you have a lot of failing parts. Disappointing that Ford doesn't stand behind those 0.5% better than they do. Yes, I know, show me a domestic manufacturer which does... I'll point you to Tesla.

i wonder what the police departments have to say about the explorers theyve had for a few years

Just a vote of support: After all of these years building cars and trucks, why do we have an issue like this? Back-country roads haven't changed all that much in the past 20 years.
I guess it comes down to numbers: build a million vehicles with a defective part acceptance rate of 0.5% and you have a lot of failing parts. Disappointing that Ford doesn't stand behind those 0.5% better than they do. Yes, I know, show me a domestic manufacturer which does... I'll point you to Tesla.

I came from a '14 Altima and i was on my 3rd..3rd trans in 12K miles...and i wasn't even close to the only one with that problems...MAJOR issues with the new altimas trans and nissan refuses to do anything about it. It isn't just domestic

Back