When will professional aviator reviews come out? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

When will professional aviator reviews come out?

I had almost ordered an ST before I looked closely at the Aviator. There is definitely a big difference between the 2 vehicles. A comparatively equipped Aviator would be mid 60s. Fully equipped runs about 75k without the Black Label trim and Freebies. I would have already placed my order but wanted to get my Kidney Transplant (yesterday) behind me. Now just waiting to see one and drive it before I pull the trigger. I know I would love an ST but can’t pass on the new Lincoln.

I know the VW Ford merger has been turned down and they are working together on several projects. I’m sure that will benefit both just as the Volvo did with Ford safety.

5.1-5.3 0-60 times are amazing for a vehicle this size with 20 mpg. I’m anxiously awaiting safety ratings for both. Any information on those?
Who cares. They’re both owned by Volkswagen which is owned by Disney which is owned by AT&T which is owned by Black Rock.

The last truly independent car company was Studebaker. Or maybe it was Packard. Something like that. Tucker. DeLorean.
i thought Ford was the only independent American brand left. Chrysler was bought by Italy and GM became Government Motors with the bailout. The rest are German,Japanese Nd South Korean.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had almost ordered an ST before I looked closely at the Aviator. There is definitely a big difference between the 2 vehicles. A comparatively equipped Aviator would be mid 60s. Fully equipped runs about 75k without the Black Label trim and Freebies. I would have already placed my order but wanted to get my Kidney Transplant (yesterday) behind me. Now just waiting to see one and drive it before I pull the trigger. I know I would love an ST but can’t pass on the new Lincoln.

I know the VW Ford merger has been turned down and they are working together on several projects. I’m sure that will benefit both just as the Volvo did with Ford safety.

5.1-5.3 0-60 times are amazing for a vehicle this size with 20 mpg. I’m anxiously awaiting safety ratings for both. Any information on those?

i thought Ford was the only independent American brand left. Chrysler was bought by Italy and GM became Government Motors with the bailout. The rest are German,Japanese Nd South Korean.

I also came very close to pulling the trigger on a new ST. I then drove the Lincoln Aviator, WOW, quite the vehicle ! I am in the process of locating a Reserve model in the color and options I want. If I can't locate one I will order, once the Ford/UAW talks and new contract is signed. And if there is no strike !!

I also came very close to pulling the trigger on a new ST. I then drove the Lincoln Aviator, WOW, quite the vehicle ! I am in the process of locating a Reserve model in the color and options I want. If I can't locate one I will order, once the Ford/UAW talks and new contract is signed. And if there is no strike !!

Don't forget to take off that ST badge from your profile. Some people might actually think that you own it.

Don't forget to take off that ST badge from your profile. Some people might actually think that you own it.

The fact of the matter is, I have not made my mind up yet as to which one to purchase. I can't locate either vehicle from any dealers stock within a 500 mile range . There are plenty due in but no idea as when. At the moment I am leaning toward the Lincoln.

I completely agree with the non GT reviews. And it is by far the best sound system I’ve ever heard in a vehicle. Those 28 speakers do the job. Clarity in the highs and it rivals any boom box installation I’ve heard in the lows.

Back