Where are the ignition wires?

Ranger379

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
middle of nowhere, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT 4X4 4.0 OHV Auto
hey guys, after searching upon searching upon searching, i have found all the posts that say/show the two wire i need for a push button ingtion is the yellow wire (hot all the time) and the red with lt blue stripe that goes to the started. well i cant find either of these wires lol :banghead: i thought they were in the yellow wireing harness that i belive comes off of the back of the ingtion... any help is greatly greatly appreciated! thanks!

edit: not sure if it would matter but just in case its a 99 OHV auto

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

anyone?

ttt

the BWM works great! i can now spin those big 32's lol im sure the tranny doesnt like it too much tho hahaha

ttt

the BWM works great! i can now spin those big 32's lol im sure the tranny doesnt like it too much tho hahaha

be careful, because if you spin them too much you will damage the clutch packs in your transfer case. i know this from personal experience.

be careful, because if you spin them too much you will damage the clutch packs in your transfer case. i know this from personal experience.

o lol. i dont do it intentinally, i dont like being hard on the tranny like that anyway. just had to try it and make sure i did it right

anyone have any info on the ignition wireing? from the looks the ignition wiring harness is the the yellow harness right?

ttt

Back