where can u buy new door plugs? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

where can u buy new door plugs?

G

gensic11

I was just curious as to how much and where you could get newer (tighter) plastic door fasteners to hold the door in place without having a rattle.. I have taken my doors off numerous times and i even made a little invention (plastic plug wrapped in electrical tape) to keep them from rattling.. but it still has small rattles here and there that just annoy me.. I was wondering if anyone ever replaced these and if it made a major difference, and where they got them from?

Thanks for any info!

Josh

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The door strikers you mean? You can get those at your local for Dealership for $15 a pop. I need to get one for my passenger door and one for the passenger side of my hatch. Might just splurge and get the driver's side hatch one too so that its new all around(replaced the driver's side one when I got my X).

I think he is talking about the " christmas trees " that hold the door panels on.

Check your local body / paint shop supply house.
See if they have Au-Ve-Co products. They make near every clip, nut, bolt, and fastiner avalible for the automotive industry.

Local paint/body shop supply. Take an old one in with you to compare. There are a lot of different sizes for different brands of cars. Sometimes they are labeled "ford" but sometimes they are not.

I buy them by the box myself, since I am constantly fixing power windows on peoples fords.

I've found the door panels are mainly held down by the screws in them. When I pull my panels off usually half of them havent hit the holes and are bent off to the side. Doesnt rattle for me though.

I stumbled across this thread searching the forums to track down possible causes of my rattling front doors. I've had my door panels off several times to hunt down the rattle and those plastic 'christmas tree' fasteners (actually called push pins) lose their effectiveness after several dissassemblies. I managed to pick up 2 bags of 10 at a Ford dealer.

The part # is N802900-S... they were the same as the orginals except they black instead of white. They weren't listed in the dealer's parts dept. computer but I got lucky with the parts guy who managed to track them down.

Just thought I'd list the part # for those who need it in the future.

Lee

I stumbled across this thread searching the forums to track down possible causes of my rattling front doors. I've had my door panels off several times to hunt down the rattle and those plastic 'christmas tree' fasteners (actually called push pins) lose their effectiveness after several dissassemblies. I managed to pick up 2 bags of 10 at a Ford dealer.

The part # is N802900-S... they were the same as the orginals except they black instead of white. They weren't listed in the dealer's parts dept. computer but I got lucky with the parts guy who managed to track them down.

Just thought I'd list the part # for those who need it in the future.

Lee

Yep, that is the part number I just bought yesterday... but one other piece of info that kind of boggled my mind was the price. Here in Dallas, they were .94 each or $9.40 per bag of 10 pins. I walked in thinking, "I'll get 100 pins so I always have plenty"... but $94+ for little plastic pins.. I think not. Anyway, just FYI.

Dealer is actually the best bet- you can get them in the "help!" section at AutoZone or PepBoys type places, but they're more expensive becasue they usually give you a bunch of other sizes you don't need, and you'd have to buy a lot of boxes.

Back