Where is overhead temp sensor located. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where is overhead temp sensor located.

rookieshooter

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Martinsburg WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
84 BII "Li'l Samson"
I'm trying to find the overhead temp sensor. I'v been told it's on the left side near headlight, another said near radiator and yet another said on right side fender.
Can someone please tell me with in 6" of lets say the battery, the coolant tank or even what does it even look like. Where this thing is located.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm trying to find the overhead temp sensor. I'v been told it's on the left side near headlight, another said near radiator and yet another said on right side fender.
Can someone please tell me with in 6" of lets say the battery, the coolant tank or even what does it even look like. Where this thing is located.

Look on the radiator support, I believe on the drivers side. looks kinda like a mini cigar.

yup- if you remove the black trim cover that goes between the grille and radiator support, you'll see it in there pinned to the rad support.

Looks like the little thingamijig with the 2 wires going to it in the picture below...

DSCF0128.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

Thanks so much.

why did you need to find it?

I have the console up for sale. Someone has PMed me and they are interested but as of yet, no confirmed deal. It is even packed and ready to be shipped. $45 plus shipping.

If got my 97 X in the parts for sale thread.

oh cool! would you happen to have a tan center console cover/door for a 97 for sale?

Back