where to find new seats for my '01 sport trac??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

where to find new seats for my '01 sport trac???

duker32

Reaction score
City, State
victoria bc
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 sport trac
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all, just bought a 2nd hand sport trac today. Looks like it needs new front seats as they are very.....very...shot. Any ideas on what \i can replace them with? I am looking for leather, manual seats. Can they come from other ford models? I will be trying to get them from a wrecker or salvage yard, so if any of you know what seats can fit in it, that would be great. |Thanks, Scott

Usually leather seats will also be power. But, you can change the tracks to manual. There has been discussion on seat interchanges but I don't know of an answer for you. Late model Explorers are where I'd look first. Measure seat bottom height from the track-to-seat base mounting surface and go from there.

I think I might just go get an estimate on repairing my driver's seat. :p:

From what I've heard, the seat foam from Ford is obsolete. A good upholstery shop should be able to fab up a piece though. I'm wondering if a right side bottom can be used on the left side.

Back