Where to get a good deal on stock 8.8 perches | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where to get a good deal on stock 8.8 perches

trj360

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT SOHC
I need some spring perches for my 8.8, spring under axle. I have found a bunch for SOA/anti wrap and all that crap but they are kinda expensive and im looking for cheap, straight up stock replacement spring perches by themselves. Where can i get these?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can try the Summit ones:
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM-720025&N=700+115&autoview=sku

But I've purchased and used two pairs of these - they are super beefy stamped steel:
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=DCC-4120074&N=700+115&autoview=sku

Note that most of the spring perches out there (including the ones above) are for 3" axle tubes where as the Explorer's 8.8 is like 3.25". So some grinding towards the edges is necessary.

OK so I can use generic ones with no real difficulty?

Yeah you'll be fine - a spring perch is a spring perch. As long as its the same width as the leaves (Summit's "Leaf Spring Perch Width (in)" attribute) and the right arc diameter (for the axle tube), then it'll work.

I like the second one Iz listed cause of the extra holes so you can move the axle back and forth a bit. :D

I like the second one Iz listed cause of the extra holes so you can move the axle back and forth a bit. :D

Haha extending the wheelbase would be cool. I'm just trying to get this done quick but done right. This is my first axle swap and I'm a little lost but slowly getting there. I'm (with a fair amount of help) tackling the regear, lockers, t-case swap, custom cv driveshaft, and some other little modifications. I already need more parts than i ever though i would.

Oh and I'm going to be wheeling but still, I can't be mall crawling with a dana 35 between trips!

Back