Where's the Best Price on a SOA Kit? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where's the Best Price on a SOA Kit?

GJarrett

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Chief GPS'um and Still Lost Native Texan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 EB 4x4 "Herc" RIP
Best Price on SOA Kit?

Where can I get a SOA kit cheap?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just purchase the perches and Shock mounts seperate.

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

uh oh... herc under the knife yet again?!?

Gerald

Im just buying spring perches (3 1/4" dia) and welding them on. I havent decided about flipping the ubolt plate, or welding on new mounts for the shocks. But the materials will be about 35-50bucks and some beer to a friend to weld on the perches and some extensions to the sway bar links.
The only thing I havent worked out is axle wrap- Im going to see how things work for a few miles first.

Good Luck

Re: Best Price on SOA Kit?

Originally posted by GJarrett
Where can I get a SOA kit cheap?
Dead Link Removed

try that link... Dannyboy did it for like 30 bucks

Now you don't need to buy this kit when swapping to a 9", right?

B/c it was made to already be a SOA.

The 9" will already have shackles on top..........but they will prolly not be in the right positions. You will prolly need to weld on new ones in the correct spots.

Robb

Sorry, could I use the old ones, or would I have to buy new ones? I'm trying to save some money.:D

Originally posted by ahhjaws
Sorry, could I use the old ones, or would I have to buy new ones? I'm trying to save some money.:D

Not likely, besides the amount of work to save the old ones far outweighs the price of a new set .

I'm just considering a SOA right now. My springs are very worn and I am either going SOA with my flattened springs (removing the addaleaf and going back to shorter shackle) which should give me 2-3" of lift, or getting something like OME leaf springs. SOA is cheaper, but (1) if my springs are already flat, I may have to replace them soon which would make the SOA lift way too high for me, and (2) I'm worried about axle wrap with SOA.

At this point I am just in the research mode. I need to do something before this summer though.

there was a member that did the SOA to get 3" or so lift.. he went back to the monoleaf on the sport though to do it. i think even with flat springs... your going to be over 3". the axle tube is about 3".. the spring pack is about 2.5" thick where it mounts. i don't think you can get around those number with a full leaf pack unless you do something like messing with the way the springs mount. i seem to remember someone else trying it with a 4dr and couldn't do it without getting too much lift. maybe it was josh c?
i could be wrong.. if so.. i would DEFINATELY like to know how you do it. i'm not trying to say you can't do it. if anyone can, you can! and i want to see it be done so i can copy it! :D

Back