SEFI
SOHC
Other

V8 5.0L

Which are the basic mods to improve the
engine performance and the gas mileage?

KKM or K&N Air filter?
Accel, Split fire or Jacobs plug wires?
Split Fire, Nology or Bosch spark plugs?
Borla, Flowmaster or Gibson Cat Back?
Any Chip?
Mobil, Quaker or Castrol Synthetic Oil?
Mobil or K&N oil filter?
Supercharger System?

Robert

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rgomez,
i have a 91 sport with the ol' pushrod...i like it, but a new ohc will make more power...i like my mods,,i have a conical K&N filter, accel plug wires, bosch+4 plugs and a flomaster...i also have 155,x.. miles, and my car still runs like a bat outta hell...
hope this helped..

tony 91 sport

I enjoy my v-6 in my 92. I would go with the KKM filter w/ airbox removed, Borla headers w/ flowmaster, Splitfire plug wires, Use the chip and synthetic motor oil, I have no clue about superchargers for the Explorer but if you have the money for it GO for it!

------------------
Brian Green
92 2wd Explorer w/
6 inch Suspension lift
92 2wd Ranger w/
5.5 inch suspension lift

Well I am not to sure about the others but I love my 4.0l V.6! I have a little over 230,000 miles on it and the onlt thing I have done to the engine is general stuff like changing the oil. The beast still runs strong as if it were new!

------------------
Scott Bauer
'91 Eddie Bauer

EB You sure have racked up some miles on that thing. i thought mine were getting up there (150,000) and still going strong as h@%! I really believe that these engines are alot better than the ones that they are putting in the newer Explorers. I have not had to do one thing to mine either except for the general maintnance.

------------------
Brian Green
92 2wd Explorer w/
6 inch Suspension lift
92 2wd Ranger w/
5.5 inch suspension lift

EB You sure have racked up some miles on that thing. i thought mine were getting up there (150,000) and still going strong as h@%! I really believe that these engines are alot better than the ones that they are putting in the newer Explorers. I have not had to do one thing to mine either except for the ganeral maintnance.

------------------
Brian Green
92 2wd Explorer w/
6 inch Suspension lift
92 2wd Ranger w/
5.5 inch suspension lift

Back