Why does my '07 v8 throttle lag/delay - no cel. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Why does my '07 v8 throttle lag/delay - no cel.

Robman

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Sport 4.0L OHV 5spd
why? for the love of God why!?!?

Sometimes the throttle gets bucking or surging because of this also when trying to be light on the pedal and go slow.
This is a new vehicle to me, EB 4.6L 4x4 200 000km. Also the door seals have shrunk and it needs new front struts. The audiovox roof mount dvd player is horrible. Screen works, disc drive does not and has eaten Toy Story.(Audiovox is not a quality name)
Driveline clunk when nearing a stop also.

Is the gas pedal like a video game controller and the first bit is worn out?
Is the TPS to blame? wiring seems ok.

wtf, Ford.
You know what works just fine? A cable, the throttle response is nigh-immediate and the cable usually lasts 5x the life of the vehicle, none of this drive by wire infancy horse ka ka. Do companies actually test these crap designs for any amount of time? I mean really.

Sincerely yours.
Foo Ken Angry.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

17 year old vehicle and no usual culprit for the throttle delay?

Upon some further reading the entire throttle body and throttle motor or tps are suspect on these.

Have you checked for any codes being tripped?

Have you checked for any codes being tripped?
There's no cel on and the vehicle is new to me and I don't have a scanner but yes, I'll grab a scanner sometime and check for anything in there.

If you are going to throw parts at it then just get a Ford OEM throttle body. The Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) runs $80-$90 and the throttle body is $180 but comes with a TPS. If you go the TPS route and end up installing a TB then you wasted money on the TPS.

Back