Will It Hurt My Exploder? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will It Hurt My Exploder?

Reaction score
City, State
Nacogdoches, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT 5.0L V8
im comeing up on 142k miles on my exploerer would it hurt to start useing synthetic Royal Purple in it? ive heard sometimes it can hurt a engine if you have been useing convential oil somthing about seals shrinking and loseing oil i just want to make sure i dont hurt my car before i switch my oil because i know the royal purple is really good horsepower and makes it run alot smoother and better? and ideas ford experts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome

Waz up man i did the same thing started using royal purple and no leaks yet and it does wonders in a higher mileage engine i also had put a can of restore in it helps to.

What Kind Of Restore?

what is the name of the restore you used? and do i just mix it in with the oil or hows it work?

its called restore come a tall can at your local parts store and add it every oil change it keeps everything moving better and restores most moving parts check it out http://www.restoreusa.com/faq.html

o make sure you get the can that says eight cylinders i made the mistake and got the six cylinders can its smaller

Exhaust?

k and what do you reccomend me do for a good exhause system what should be added on and cut off? for more HP and better sound

check out my signature link you will see pics of my exhaust. I like the sound of mine it sounds like a mustang cobra r with more nuts haha and try to keep the front two cats on it gives a little back pressure for you low end torque. Do you got a yahoo instant messenger

WHats Ur SN

yeah whats ur SN ill download yahoo right now

Back