Will seats from Mountaineer and Aviator fit Explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will seats from Mountaineer and Aviator fit Explorer?

1996ex

Reaction score
City, State
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer 4.0 XLT 4WD
I’m thinking of upgrading the cloth seats on my 2003 XLT to leather, and I’m wondering if seats from a Mountaineer or Aviator will bolt up and the electrical connections will fit.

There are lots of all of these models at my local self-serve parts yards, but I like the style of the seats in those models a little better.

And how difficult is it remove the second and third rows?

I’d love to have heated seats but I know that involves some modules, etc.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I’m thinking of upgrading the cloth seats on my 2003 XLT to leather, and I’m wondering if seats from a Mountaineer or Aviator will bolt up and the electrical connections will fit.

There are lots of all of these models at my local self-serve parts yards, but I like the style of the seats in those models a little better.

not sure about the third gens, but at least in the 2nd gen the seats interchange (except electrical functions) so i would assume the 3rds would too... they look similiar to me at least... so not too sure, but it should... just consider this a bumpasaurus ;) so someone will see it

I know for a fact by pulling parts from a junkyard mountaineer and explorer seats share the same guts, I’m not sure about the aviator as it had a cooled seat option I believe? But explorer-mountaineer swap is just plug and play really all the same if the seats carry the same option. Also this is just a random idea as I’ve never seen the cloth seats for these cars but if the shape is the same you could just swap the skins over.

Second row is just bolted to the floor and the third row is a tad trickier but you just begin disassembling from the spare tire jack location onward. You should be able to add/take out whatever factory options you want from these cars.

I know for a fact by pulling parts from a junkyard mountaineer and explorer seats share the same guts I’m not sure about the aviator as it had a cooled seat option I believe? But explorer-mountaineer swap is just plug and play really all the same
huh, didnt know about cooled seats!!!i assume the mounting and power seats are the same, i just dont think that making the seats cooled would be a plug/play deal, and may require extra modules i dont know about

huh, didnt know about cooled seats!!!i assume the mounting and power seats are the same, i just dont think that making the seats cooled would be a plug/play deal, and may require extra modules i dont know about
Sorry I worded that funny the cooled seats may be a tricky swap that I have no idea about I meant the explorer/mountaineer features should all be plug and play

Back