Will this locker work in front diff?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will this locker work in front diff??

Positive Vibes

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Santa Cruz, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
THIS IS A BRAND NEW NEVER BEEN INSTALLED ARB AIR LOCKER. IT FITS A DANA 35C-CLIP W/ABS, PINION RATIO 3.54 AND UP 27 SPLINE MODEL #RD69

I think it does but want to check with the big dawgs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like a Jeep rear locker, but I checked the part number and that ratio and axle would be "ARBRD59-C-CLIP."

You have the RD69, which reads as a Dodge Dakota front setup.

I have no idea based on that part number.

CoryL: Thanks for the reply. I thought that the our front dana 35 took a RD69 but this one may be different. I'm trying to figure out what type of vehicle this was suppose to go in.

it was supposed to go into a 1992 jeep cherokee w/abs

I'm assuming it as to go in his rear diff??? What you guys think??

RD 39 is what you want

The front ARB number is RD 39 which is a NON-C-clip DANA 35.

That one on e-bay wont work, and even if it did Im not sure you would want it anyway- if he blew the front pinion you never know what got inside the diff, and how chewed up the bearings are, particularly the air collar bearing.

Edit: Im going to drink a beer- Im answering questions that arent even being asked :D There was one on E-bay too.

RD 39 is for the front dana 35
Good Luck:D

SteveVB: You da man! Thanks for the info. I was told we use the RD69. I will keep my eye's open for a RD 39. You wouldn't know anyone selling a locker or L/s for the our dana 35 would you? Again thanks!!

Back