• Register Today It's free!

Window tint

adambodkins

Reaction score
City, State
Jackson TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer
I have had my windows tinted on the front 4 windows but I didn't do the back due to having factory tint on the back. The only problem is my factory tint is this goldish silverish mirror tint. Is there a way to remove it so all my windows match? Also without damaging my rear defog. I have a 2 door expedition package.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't think so, IIRC the glass itself is that color, you can maybe replace the glass, try doing a search, I've seen this topic come up before

All you can do is replace the glass. Ford made that horrible reflective window tint halfway through 1997, it's the glass itself and cannot be removed.

All you can do is replace the glass. Ford made that horrible reflective window tint halfway through 1997, it's the glass itself and cannot be removed.

OK if I layed my black tint over it how would it look? or would the black even show up through it

DSCF0083.jpg

Light has to hit the glass in a certain way for it to show, otherwise it looks black...

That doesn;t look too bad can you take one of the back side windows?

It really doesn't look bad, I've had it for years and not once have I've been aked about the color, light really needs to hit it the right way for it to show
DSCF0082.jpg

that doesn't look bad I guess I will go ahead and take the plunge

stock tint on a 98 would be 20ish% right?

Didn't ask, just went to the shop and told the guy "I want the darkest one I can get legally"
G-"Color??"
me-"all black"

Yes stock is around 20%

Back