• Register Today It's free!

windows don't work

bradsx

Reaction score
City, State
wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 ex 4x4
my windows dont work anymore, all of sudden. checked fuses,ok, was told there is a relay??. what # is it and where is its location. Any other possibilities? Thanks

You might want to check the wires running into the driver's door for a broken wire. Common problem on the 2002 and 2003 year explorers, don't know how often it is a problem on the later years.

Where is the accessory relay location? Have no power to unplug switch. Fuses ok, wires look ok

Broken ground. I fixed mine this May. I couldn't find where mine was broken but proved that is was open from the switch to the car chassis. What is STUPID is that Ford ran the ground for all 4 windows through the driver door switch and then all the way back to behind the driver tail light.... Please.. Someone explain why that makes any sense... I installed a 10AWG ground that tied into the switch wiring from a ground point behind the driver kick panel and from the same ground point tied into the factory ground inside the driver door sill. Windows work better than before! They go up and down much faster now and close up tight!

Back