• Register Today It's free!

windshield visor

lXl Explorer lX

Reaction score
City, State
Hopewell Junction NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Sport
I wanna get a windshield visor for my 91 X and my uncles friend who has a junkyard has a windshield visor from an old F-150...How do i know which visors from which yr and make will fit my 91 XLT?

Thanx
Jay

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can still buy them new for a 1st generation Explorer. I have a Lund SunVisor (the non-lighted one) and it looks tough.

I'd say the F-150 one would be too big but I have never sized em up. If you found one from a Ranger or BII then that would fit.

What do these help with? Just for looks? And how don't they kill your mileage by trapping alot of air at the crest of your windshield?

hehhe I just noticed my sig says MoonVisor. hehe. It's a SunVisor. :redexp: :redexp: :confused:

yes

Originally posted by Rhett Browning
hehhe I just noticed my sig says MoonVisor. hehe. It's a SunVisor. :redexp: :redexp: :confused:

You must have a hell of a bright moon by you! :D

How do i know which visors from which yr and make will fit my 91 XLT?

Any visor from a 91-2001 explorer should work. All the windshields and roofs are the same to my knoledge. Also an visor from at least an 86-92 ranger for sure....not sure on 85 and below rangers... and not sure on 93+ rangers.... but they should be close.

actually i have heard of them referred to as moon visors as well.(why the hell the moon would ever need vising is beyond me...) same deal with moonroof/sunroof.

They are called moon visors because they have the 5 amber running/cab lights in them. The sun visor does not have the lights.... basically i believe moon visor is a trademark name by LUND....

a sun roof flips up and or is manually removable.........

a moonroof is power and automatically slides open allowing you to look at the moon and stars at night.

Originally posted by PUR PONY
a sun roof flips up and or is manually removable.........

a moonroof is power and automatically slides open allowing you to look at the moon and stars at night.

Your close, it can be confusing at times:

This is from sunroofs.org
Sunroof is the generic term used to describe an operable panel in a vehicle roof which can let in light and/or air. Moonroof is a term created by Ford in the 70's, yet is now used generically to describe glass panel inbuilt electric sunroofs

Basicly if you can't see through it when it is closed it is a sunroof, if you can it is a moonroof. I learned this when I was selling cars and I had a customer that told me the difference, I felt stupid for a minute, but then again you learn something new everyday.

Cool, Ford invented the moonroof.:p

if the truck does any fourwheeling, don't put a visor on, trust me, been there, done that, ripped it off, branch got caught, smashed out the windshield, ...

They look awesome, I had one on my Bronco II, and my 95 Ranger, I installed the one on the B2, never leaked, the Ranger had it when I bought it, not installed correctle, leaked like a sieve. Just an FYI

Back