• Register Today It's free!

Windstar rear AC/Heat unit

xtrememxrider

Reaction score
City, State
Beaver Falls PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Explorer XLT AWD 5.0
I just picked up a 98 windstar GL. It has rear heat and AC. The heat works but i cant get it to switch to AC or the upper vents. I took the panel off and im not getting any vacum to shut the flapper to switch to the upper vents instead of the floor vent. I crawled under the vehicle and i had 2 cold lines and 2 hot lines going into the area. I took off the vacum line going to the one hot line which had some kind of round thing. I tried all different settings to see if i could get some kind of vacume but nothing. I did the same thing to try to activate the flapper so i could get air through the upper vents with no luck. I found some kind of boxes under my drivers side door between the inner rocker and frame. The one box had a 2 wire connection that went to some kind of pump but the hose coming off the pump went to the fuel cap area which through me way off. Im thinking i have to pull the control out of the dash and check for vacum there but im not exactly positive so did any one else ever repair anything like this? Any help would be much appriciated

Back