• Register Today It's free!

Wits End. Wub Wub Part II

BTRKY

Reaction score
City, State
Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Sport Trac
2004 Sport Trac. I've posted previously about a vibration on my Sport Trac. There is a noticeable Wub Wub noise at any speed. Vibration feels like from rear of vehicle at all speeds but shakes seats at 60+ mph. At low speeds you can feel something out of round. Up down.

So far:

New tires
New front bearings
New rear bearings
Alignment
Tires balananced three times
Three shops have checked suspension parts
U-joints checked
Everything checked.
Bushings are good.
No one can find ANYTHING wrong

WTH!!!

I just don't know what to do next.

Ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

4WD or RWD?

When the front bearings were done was the condition of the spindles checked?

Did you ever jack the rear up off of the ground and put the transmission in drive while watching the rear wheels for wobble?

Did you rotate tires one at a time to the front and test ride? A bent rim could be the problem. Check for a bent axel buy jaking the rear, put on Jack stands and spin the rear wheels looking for any wobble. If you have accessstoa dial indicator you can check for run out.

I had a wub wub on my ST, checked every thing over and over and could not find anything. My tires looked like new, but that was the problem. Separation had occured on passenger side front which resulted in a blow out.

I put new tires all round and that fixed the wub wub. Rotating your new tires will help you find out if there is a problem with one of them, especially as you have had them balanced three times.

Back